Looking to engage your audience more?
Have you heard the buzz about podcasts, but don’t know where to start when it comes to getting one made?
Does your brand have more of a story to tell?
Are you wanting more content to share online that doesn’t cost you the earth?
Podcasts are a brilliant way to engage with your audience. Imagine your ideal customer discovering your podcast on their phone and listening in their car, whilst walking their dog or at the gym. How would you feel if suddenly you have a broader reach to your potential audience and they then started talking even more about your brand – Amazing right? What about if you could add even more value to your customer’s life with engaging, funny audio content. This is all possible in your brand’s podcast. Podcasts speak directly to people as they are normally listening through headphones so you’re right in their earhole, which is pretty intimate and compared to the amount of video content uploaded each minute to YouTube there is significantly less noise in the podcast world. So all that’s holding you back is getting started?
I offer two podcast packages. One has me as your host and I could be it interviewing celebrities or experts or visiting your chosen locations creating a unique listener experience for your brand. The other is a helping hand if you want to record your own content however. I’ll help you with the right kit and how to structure your shows and then I will edit and publish them for you. Together, we’ll create a season of podcasts or a more regular podcast show and it will be published on all the exciting podcast platforms from iTunes to Acast and you will have evergreen content which can be shared on your existing social media platforms and a whole new audience to speak to.
- BRANDED CONTENT is an essential part of your marketing mix. Speaking directly to your audience in a podcast is an intimate way to engage them. As a radio presenter, I’ve been doing just that, speaking to audiences for almost two decades. As your podcast host I bring that all my broadcasting experience, and will give your audience a familiar voice to take them on a journey with your brand.
- STARTING POINT: We’ll have a brainstorm of content ideas to find out what you hope to achieve with your podcast. We will look at your upcoming timeline of events and marketing activity to see what we could use. I will offer advise on areas that I believe will make engaging content and we will then devise a schedule which will either be a ‘season’ of episodes or regular release. It is essential to remember that you want to ensure that what you share is worthwhile rather than putting it out for the sake of it. If it’s not worth telling a mate in the pub it’s probably not worth publishing! We will also develop your podcast name and artwork together.
- AS YOUR HOST: I can visit chosen locations or events taking your listener with me, so they feel they are a part of it. I can review what I see. The beauty of audio is that you just have to send me to capture what is happening, rather than a whole film crew, making the project cost effective. I can interview celebrities who endorse your brand getting insights that will be compelling to your listener and attend events you are hosting, festivals you are running – giving your brands feel of the whole event whilst getting soundbites from your guests.
- YOU AS THE HOST: Working together I will guide you through getting set up to record. From which mic to buy to how to plan your episodes as well as the do’s and don’t of presenting. Having been a radio presenter for Global Radio for over a decade I’ve talked for many hours to a live audience ( and I’m still on air ) so I’m in a good place to share some tips. I’ll help you overcome your stage fright, get past the um’s and crutch words and have you podcasting in no time. BUT podcasting is about passion – there’s no point signing up if you’ve not go anything good to say.
- PRODUCTION: Once we have established how and when we will record, we can batch produced a season of content to can be released according to your timeline. The aim of the podcast is to give you content which can be shared across your social media platforms and I can work with your social media agency. If you wish to release content on a more regular basis, we will put a strategy in place ideally working a week ahead, so the content is recorded to be released a week later.
- PUBLISHING: I will create your RSS feed which will enable your podcast to be published across a range of platforms. I will also create a guide for how to use the content such as integration with your existing social media schedules, plus I will maintain all the publishing platforms.
As you can tell, I think Podcasts are special. In a content rich world, where people want to stand out they are a way to still be intimate. Here’s some examples of my work.
For the last two years I’ve been hosting and producing a podcast called The Fertility Podcast about a very personal aspect of my life. It has a global audience and over 50,000 downloads and is now hosted on Acast. I also produce Little Voice Big Business for my business mentor, Nadia Finer which offers light hearted pearls of wisdom for entrepreneurs. In February 2016, I launched the Big Change of Heart podcast producing the first 9 episodes about dealing with a ‘change’ in your emotions when it comes to who you choose to be with, I then gave it’s host a style guide to continue on their podcasting journey. In October 2016, I launched the Karamel podcast. Karamel Content is a social media agency creating engaging online content.
Click the icons below to hear more.